Monday, August 16, 2010

Orbit 360F


Lomo Orbit 360


Consensus is -- the Orbit 360F is a bit of an odd duck, even in the plastic/toy/whatever camera world where odd ducks are rather common. An ultra-cheap-looking Chinese design, a motor drive that automatically advances the film (and can also rewind it), a waist-level viewfinder, a built-in flash, a hotshoe connecter...so many seemingly random functions. It's also a camera that puzzles people at camera stores -- I took mine in when it stopped working, only to receive a confused puppy look from the guy behind the counter. It wasn't new, it wasn't digital, so he didn't really know what to do with it. Thankfully, it decided to start working again a few months later. Yet again...strange.
This camera was one of the first cameras I bought from the Lomo company. I don't know what attracted me to it; I guess it just seemed weird enough. It was a deadstock camera (hadn't been manufactured in some time, limited stock found in a warehouse, etc), so while stock was limited it was also cheap. Thankfully I picked it up when I did -- not quite scarce, they are kinda hard to come by these days.

























No comments:

Post a Comment