Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Diana+


stock photo


The Diana+ was a series of firsts for me -- my first plastic-lens camera, my first 120 camera, and the first film camera that I fell madly in love with. I had been shooting digital photos almost exclusively when I became intrigued by this camera. They had a (rare) good deal going on the Lomo website (camera + case of film for well under $100), so I gave it a chance. Shifting from digital to film, and then from 35mm to 120, there was a slight learning curve with this camera, but by the third or fourth roll I was pleased with the results I was getting -- saturated colors, soft edges, strange blurs, light leaks (*swoon*). In the few years since I bought mine, Lomo has reworked the camera a little bit, adding a flash and an array of additional lenses; as well as a mini version that uses 35mm. Since I started shooting with my Holga, I've neglected my Diana+ to the point of downright ignoring it. But that certainly has nothing to do with the quality of the images this camera can produce.




























No comments:

Post a Comment